I know that on a regular day in my life, I am no picnic. I am stubborn, slightly egotistical, and my self-professed claim to fame is that I hold a 95% record for being right...about everything that comes out of my mouth. But PMDD and the resulting depression made me unbearable. I liken the change to the metamorphosis that occurs when you pour water on one of Gizmo's brethren. I was something odd, yet cute, with a little bit of bite turned rabid Gremlin.
With that said, this disorder getting out of hand has been a good thing for me. It forced me to get the Zoloft, whereas my previously prideful nature would have made me exhaust every other possibility. Looking back on it, I feel sorry for my high school sweetheart. He always said that he was scared to be around me when I was riding the crimson wave. I thought that he was exaggerating, but now I see that he wasn't. (I'm sorry, Greg!)
I see that I have to stay on top of this for the rest of my reproductive years. For all of the other sufferers out there, we can do it! Even though I only used the Zoloft for a month, it was enough for me to recognize that the problem is real and I was able to develop a dialogue to use with my loved ones when I am going through my "rough period" - pun intended.

No comments:
Post a Comment